Watch_Dogs 2 – Tips and Tricks for PC Optimization
01/09/2017 10:00 AM
Our community has plenty of tips on how to get the best Watch_Dogs 2 experience out of your PC. Here’s a curated list of some of the best tips from our users:
- Disable multi-sample anti-aliasing.
- If you’re experiencing some performance issues like low framerates on 4K resolution with the Ultra config and texture pack on high-end PCs, here is a workaround that may help some players: Try reducing the render resolution. Screen Space Reflection (SSR) is very demanding on Ultra settings; players need to change SSR to very high (especially if you’re experiencing low framerate at night in the game, when it rains).
- In the Display menu, set the Pixel Density factor to something below 1 in order to see a performance boost.
- Check on the amount of free RAM available. Especially for those with 8GB of RAM, make sure to close as many applications as possible to ensure you do not run out of RAM while playing.
- If you are using Nvidia graphics card and note a drop in performance after a Watch_Dogs 2 game patch, try a clean install of your Nvidia drivers: https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000025720/Nvidia-Driver-Clean-Installation/
- Enable temporal filtering.
- Players also need to have more than 6GB VRAM if using the Ultra texture pack. If you have a dual-GPU system, both video cards need to have 6GB or more of VRAM in order to use the Ultra texture pack.
And lastly, here’s a quick look at the minimum and preferred PC specifications for Watch_Dogs 2.
For more tips and tricks, join our Reddit community at /r/watch_dogs or tweet us at @watchdogsgame.